It is hard to believe that I am officially starting my 2nd year at Kellogg. It seems like yesterday that I walked the halls of Jacobs on the first day of CIM (Complete Immersion in Management) and marching into the OLC Auditorium chanting with my section. I am now one year wiser and with a 10-week summer internship under my belt.

This summer seemed to breeze by as well. I spent 10 weeks in the San Francisco Bay Area, where I already spent 7 years prior to coming to Kellogg. I worked in Tech Marketing for a company called Shutterfly, hence “Picture the Possibilities”. I was a marketing manager summer intern in the Cards & Stationery, Calendars and Photo Gifts business. I had 5 projects over the course of the 10 weeks in various functions, so it was a busy but very fulfilling summer. Like most tech companies in the area, Shutterfly has a very laid-back culture and people are passionate about what they do. I had a fantastic manager and a great team who I can lean on for resources and guidance. There were also five Kellogg alumni in various departments and senior roles within the company. Aside from day-to-day work, the company hosted various intern activities such as lunch & learns with senior management, a SF Giants vs. LA Dodgers baseball game at AT&T Park, and an all-company summer event at California’s Great America theme park. All in all, I had a wonderful experience in my internship, learned a ton and was able to apply things I learned at Kellogg on the job.

Now that I am back for the 2nd year, it will be another busy year ahead. This year, I will continue to coordinate the Admissions Visit Program (hope to see many prospective students visit the school!). I will also be leading the 2012 Kellogg Marketing Conference as the overall chair as well as the Kellogg Board Fellows program. There are endless possibilities here at Kellogg, and I will capture and enjoy every moment.