emv.JPG

The importance of emerging markets in today’s global economy in undeniable.

That’s why I am excited to collaborate with my peers to organize the inaugural Emerging Markets Conference, which will take place tomorrow on Saturday, May 7.

Focusing on the theme of rediscovering sustained growth, the conference will feature more than 30 prominent business leaders, scholars and policy-makers from around the world. These featured thought leaders will share their knowledge and expertise on four of the world’s fastest growing markets: Greater China, India, Latin America and Africa.

Attendees will have the unique opportunity to take a deep dive into one of these four dynamic regions in order to understand how a certain market is rekindling growth and why certain businesses within an emerging market are more successful than others.

Within each of these four key regions, our slate of speakers will discuss three key topics:

• The Consumer
  • Technology and Innovation
  • Policy

By providing both regional and thematic tracks, it is my hope that conference-goers will walk away with a comprehensive, balanced understanding of how Greater China, India, Latin America and Africa will drive global growth over the next century.

As an attendee myself, I look forward to enhancing my knowledge of these emerging markets and learning about each respective market’s culture, competitive landscape and business environment. I also look forward to networking with the students, business professionals and speakers in attendance. Some of our featured speakers include:

• Niren Chaudhary, president of KFC Global
  • Salman Amin ’85, COO of SC Johnson
  • Ricardo Arian-Nath, CMO of PepsiCo Latin America
  • George Zoghbi, COO of Kraft-Heinz
  • Makul Deoras, CMO of Colgate-Palmolive

To learn more about Kellogg’s Emerging Markets Conference and purchase tickets today, visit: http://emc.kellogg.northwestern.edu. I hope to see you there!

Deepti Gupta is a first-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year MBA Program. She’s from New Delhi, India and comes from a strong background in digital marketing, having worked for India’s leading online travel portal for over 3 years. Deepti is co-leading the marketing initiatives for the Emerging Markets Conference and will be the co-president of the Emerging Markets Club in 2016-2017. This summer, she will be interning with Dell Inc. in Austin.