Start of Main Content

melissa-rapp-kelloggThis post is the first in a series by Melissa Rapp, Kellogg’s Director of Admissions for the Full-Time MBA Programs and the MS in Management Studies Program. Over the course of the summer, she will be providing insight to help prospective students through the application and admissions processes. Keep checking back for more input from our admissions team.

Last week, I had dinner in Tel Aviv with three generations of Kellogg: candidates, admitted students starting in the fall and alumni. It was a perfect representation of this time of year for the admissions team. We continue to work with our admitted students to ensure they have a seamless beginning to their time at Kellogg and, at the same time, we are starting to engage our soon-to-be applicants in conversations.

As the alumni shared stories of their time at Kellogg, I could see the pride and happy anticipation in the eyes of our new students as they imagined themselves on campus just beginning their journey as part of the Kellogg community. I could also see the candidates begin to understand the true depth of their undertaking. Applying to and choosing an MBA program is no light task.

Each year it is a pleasure for my team and me to start again: to begin conversations, to share what Kellogg means, to explain not just the practical and tactical elements, but also the values and deeper meaning of becoming a Kellogg student. We know that at this time next year, we will have a new group of deeply passionate, highly capable, low-ego, high-impact leaders joining our community. We can’t wait to know you and for you to know us.