Start of Main Content
Accounting Session
Accounting Study Session Before Finals: Assets = Liabilities + Equity!

It’s finally here. It’s what we’ve all been preparing for over the past 10 weeks – finals! That means the study rooms are inevitably packed, and people are partying studying at Jacobs until all hours of the night (after getting there at 9 o’clock in the morning). In fact, one of my favorite Facebook posts from this past week was from a friend who had a study session at Jacobs interrupted by the fire alarm (which turned out to be a false alarm) – at 1:00 a.m!

Despite the end-of-the-quarter studying frenzy, one thing I love about Kellogg is how amazing our professors are throughout the process. Not only are they incredibly intelligent and amazing teachers, they are also very willing to give their own time to ensure we are connecting with the material. A great example is my accounting professor, Professor Naughton, who spent two hours on his Saturday morning with a packed room of students to do a review session before our final. Most of the professors host similar sessions or extend their office hours to make sure their students succeed.

For me, I’ve tried to study bits and pieces over the last couple of weeks so I wouldn’t feel the big push at the end of the quarter. Of course, that’s often easier said than done, but I’ve been pretty good at pushing off my social life and sleep until after all finals are finished. However, I’ll be making up for it the week after finals at the annual Ski Trip with 800 other classmates and JVs – just one more reason to love Kellogg!