Start of Main Content

By Thaleya Freitas

I just love the Christmas and New Year holidays. The city is so beautiful with all the lights, and people are so happy. As the song says, “It’s the most wonderful time of the year!”

Every year during this period, I take time with myself to think about the year that is almost finished. Definitely, this year was one of the most important of my life. I faced tons of challenges, fears and different feelings. It was hard and difficult sometimes, but I am sure that coming to Evanston was the best decision that my husband Felipe and I could have made.

One of the best things that happened this year was the friends that I made. They support me here in every single way, like helping me with my English, bringing me up when I am sad and helping me to become more confident in my life in the U.S.

I am writing this post during the ski trip and will be in Brazil with my family and Brazilian friends after. I miss them a lot, and I know that when I came back to the U.S. it will be hard to leave them behind. However, I feel much better when I remember that here I have such good friends, and I will be happy to see them again. So thank you to my friends for being wonderful people!

See you all in 2013!

Thaleya Freitas is the Joint Venture of Felipe Godoy ’14. Originally from São Paulo, Brazil, Freitas worked at an advertising and event agency before moving to Evanston with her husband in 2012.