As virtual learning continues for Kellogg’s Executive MBA Program, we checked in with students and faculty about how things are going in these unprecedented times. Below is a glimpse at some of these reflections – or watch the video to hear the full story! 

Kaitlin Roe (EMBA 2021)
Senior Brand Manager, Beam Suntory

“I asked myself when COVID hit and we shifted to virtual, will the richness of the EMBA experience which is in part collaborating with my fellow cohort members in a remote environment, is it going to happen? I’ve been pleasantly surprised that we’ve been able continue to have meaningful conversations, and I’ve been quite fulfilled and satisfied.

The connection to Kellogg faculty has been one of the most rewarding aspects of my Kellogg experience thus far. I reached out to my career coach to better understand a new industry and brand that I was beginning to manage, and she immediately put me into contact with two professors who have areas of expertise in luxury marketing. Within a day of reaching out to them, they responded and I’ve since had multiple conversations with them. I was really impressed – and frankly a little bit humbled – that these professors were willing to take the time to speak with me about areas of opportunity for me to learn and grow into…I was blown away.

The ability to add a Kellogg Executive MBA to my resume will open doors that I don’t even know are available to me. I’m trying to learn as much as I can, from courses, classmates, I’ve made lifelong friends and connections, and the sky is the limit in terms of what I can do with this degree.”

Abishek Gautam (EMBA 2021)
Director of Global Packaging, Teleflex Incorporated

“What I’ve really noticed with the faculty and staff at Kellogg is that the bar for pushing the quality of education only continues to go up. I’ve been really appreciative of the innovation and hard work that the faculty and staff have been showing. And with the mix of synchronous and asynchronous learning, for working parents it actually provides a lot of flexibility.

This unprecedented situation has actually brought our community closer in many ways, and while we’re not sitting in a class directly I don’t believe any of the availability or connection has loosened up at all. People have been taking the work seriously and doing their very best.

I’ve also been reaching out to Kellogg alumni network, and the response you get has just been incredible. It creates a whole other level to the trajectory of my career and I look forward to continuing to benefit from it even after I graduate.”

Click here to learn more about Kellogg’s Executive MBA Program!